12 July 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

Friday after work I went to Bliss's house to watch The Kid while his parents went to the Desert Star. He was so funny. He's so full of energy and just wants to play and explore all the time. There were bugs by the door and he had to stop and point out each one. He had to show me all around the house, "I show you!" he said and led me by the hand.

We played in his room for a while. He love stuffed animals and he has a bunch of them piled on his bed. For nearly an hour he threw the stuffed animals and his two favorite blankies at me. He stood on the bed and threw them off then jumped down and threw them back on. I tried to catch them and throw them back before they hit the floor. He giggled and grinned the whole time. He played like he was a puppy. He played like he was Spiderman (tried to climb on everything). He played like he was Superman and tried to fly off the bed then got a little mad at me when I caught him instead of letting him fly. What a cutie!

He finally settled down when I suggested we read a book. He chose a book that's about the human body. We looked at the pictures and he told me what was going on. "He eats the sandwich, it goes down the food tube and ends up in the diaper". He's a smart kid. Then we got to the last part of the book which is about how babies are born. I said, "You're going to have a baby soon, aren't you?" He's so smart he said, "No, Mommy's going to have a baby, not me!" So funny!



p.s. I need to put more effort into wording. I'm sure I could make this sound more fun and interesting and animated. Sorry if it's boring. I haven't been feeling much like writing recently so I guess I'm going through the motions with the hope that I'll feel more like writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment