26 July 2010

a better day

Today was great! The program came together quickly without certain distractions. Chatting with Pacman during SS and RS was (for the majority of the time) delightfully uninterrupted. It's been a while since I've had his undivided attention...or that of any guy I'm remotely interested in for that matter. Dinner with my siblings and their families was actually really great.

Tonight was great too! Ward prayer was cancelled so we had a game night at my house. I will admit that I was delightfully surprised by the turnout. With the exception of Pacman (who had family stuff), BMT (who is out of town), and Midgie (who just got back from Vegas), all my favorite people came! It was nice to be with mature, intelligent and fun people who know how to have a good time without anyone needing to have all the attention. I think everyone who came had a pretty good time.

I feel better about some things that have been troubling me recently. I'm still unsettled about the job thing, but I'm gaining some perspective on that as well. It's going to be alright. Everything is going to be alright.

Today provided a much needed boost of assurance. I just needed some good conversation and some time with good friends who really like me. It was good.

As I always say, "people are what matters" and I'm grateful for the friends and family in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment