06 July 2010

Laugh It Off

When things happen in life, or when i have "one of those days," instead of getting upset about it, I simply declare the day (moment, situation, etc) ridiculous and laugh it off.

Last week such a situation presented itself. The emails I received were so utterly absurd that I couldn't even get angry or upset about them. I could only laugh.

I've decided that I need more laughter in my life. I need to have more fun. I need to be more carefree. I need to stop taking things so seriously, stop taking myself so seriously.

It's working, this week anyway. So, while the situation is slightly irritating, I don't have any truly negative feelings. I pity the girl who has caused the ripple; it seems she's rather delusional, poor dear, bless her little heart. I wanted to try talking with her to work out the differences between us and set the record straight, but the things she wrote in the emails lead me to believe she would only twist my words and use them against me in the future. So I've decided to simply ignore her.

This may be somewhat difficult because we have a lot of the same friends and we are in the same ward at church, but somehow I will figure out a way to make it work. Most of our mutual friends prefer hanging out with me, so I really don't think I'll feel any loss.

This morning I went with the parents and Bliss and her family to see The Karate Kid. Good movie but I wish they had named it differently because there's really not much similarity to the old flicks. Tonight was fun too. I hung out with a little bit different group of friends than normal, then watched Ghostbusters 2 with The Artist, Velcro, CP and Midgie. It was fun. On the whole, it was a great day!

Tomorrow I'm going boating with Midgie and her family. It should be a lot of fun too. Midgie always makes me laugh so I'm sure she can help me with my determination to add more laughter to my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment