16 March 2011

The Passion and The Poetry

I need to find something to be passionate about besides men and romance. Gonzo said he doesn't mind being my Muse, but I'm beginning to mind. I need someone else, no, something else to inspire my creativity. I've tried listening to various types of music, watching movies, reading books and poetry, wandering in nature, experiencing all sorts of things in life...and yet, all I write about is love, generally new (flirtation and intrigue of beginning a relationship), or unrequited, or lost love.

They say to write what you know. I know all of these. But I know more than just matters of the heart...and I know other matters of the heart besides romantic ones. So why is that my main creative focus? Ugh! I really need to find words for other experiences. I need to find somewhere else to focus my passion.

Stay tuned, we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment