01 March 2013

february song marches on

it's after 1am but i keep looking at my phone hoping someone is missing me and can't wait till morning to tell me so. but of course the phone is blank and silent. who would call/text at this time of night? who else in the world is awake and restless and wanting at 1am?

so i listen to Josh Groban. somehow his songs seem to know how i'm feeling and how to caress and seek to soothe my aching. is it silly of me to hope that someday someone will feel so strongly and passionately about me so as to inspire such emotion and intensity of expression? i've felt it. i've written it. is it silly of me to hope to feel it and write it again? forever this time? where is that kind of enduring love that can 't be withheld or contained? where is that love so strong that he can't stand to be away from me? the love that keeps him coming around even if he can't hold me, just to be as close as possible for as long as possible?

maybe i am just silly and delusional. buying too much into fairy tales and fables, little girl hopes and dreams. time, proximity, conversation, sincerity, honesty...where? when? how? who?

No comments:

Post a Comment