30 June 2010

Weeding

Recently I've come to understand that some people, even those who profess to be friends, are incredibly toxic. I'm so tired of drama, so done with people who cause drama in my life. The sisters are out. I've been stepping back over the last few months because they have been the source of so much conflict that I just can't be around them anymore.

It's amazing to see the incredible divide between true friends and false friends. I have Bestest Friend, Shygirl, Hey-Pay, Velcro, Midgie, The Artist, and so many other people who love me and who know me and support me no matter what. We are not drama, we are mature and able to deal with conflicts and misunderstandings as civilized and dignified human beings.

On the other side, there are those who are not true friends. The Weasel, Bobpi, the Williams clan, and a few others are in this category. They are users, abusers, selfish, betrayers, and have no idea of my true identity and character. When I stop catering to them, they slander and/or abandon me. I am done with these types of relationships. My major stress in life comes from trying to rationalize and force myself to believe that these people really are good friends, but they are not and they are not worth my time or effort.

I am weeding. I am done being a doormat. I am done allowing people to plow over me and trample me into submission. I am kind and loving and caring. I take care of others too much, generally to my own detriment. No more. I am done allowing others to push me around or make me feel bad about myself. I know who I am and what I am and nothing that anyone else says or does can change that.

I would rather have no friends at all than to be surrounded by false and toxic people. Thankfully, as I mentioned before, I am surrounded by many dozens of people who adore me and who see me as I am. I can afford to sever toxic ties that bind me down because I have many others that help me soar!

Thank you to all my true friends. Thank you for your love and support. Thank you for knowing me and for never questioning my character or goodness. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Its hard to weed out the good from the bad and it can be quite a process. I love your guts and keep up the good work. Ps I cannot wait to start classes and ride in to ogden with my Big Sis!

    ReplyDelete