13 February 2011

Before I Sleep

I hesitate to write these days. I don't really know my purpose in writing, or why I write the things I do. I don't know who reads this, if anybody does anymore. This seems to be like most other of my writing and it's just a place to practice words. I don't care what I write, the words don't even have to make sense or be arranged in a logical or coherent order, I just like the feeling of typing, and the formation of the words.

In the past my writing has been an overflowing of life and emotion. I have a tendency to bottle things up until I can no longer contain them and they spew all over whatever happens to be nearby. I thought that blogging my explosions would be a good thing, that way I feel like someone is listening (which gets it out of me) but it's not burdening anyone because they don't have to admit that they've read it, or they can just send out a prayer or something. But these days, I'm not feeling too much in excess. There are some things that I previously would have written about here, but now I withhold a lot because of who might be reading and how they might misinterpret or misunderstand or react to what I might say.
I don't like censuring my writing because I think I write better when I'm not so concerned about the possible audience, but in this moment it's more important to me to keep the peace than to write something that might ripple the waters.

I want peace. I want all of us to just care about each other, share the love and the friendship, and just everyone get along. But I'm not naive enough to believe that's a possibility. I'll do what I can and hope others at least behave with some degree of understanding and compassion.

Generally, life is good. As always, there are things that I am working on improving and things my life would be better without/with that I can't seem to figure out just yet...but generally I'm content. I can see progress in most areas of my life and that makes me feel good. I don't feel so stuck as I did before. I am moving...sometimes I feel like a turtle in taffy, but I am moving.

I have some great friends! My family relationships are pretty much the best they have ever been. School is good and nearly finished. I am employed (minimum wage and minimum hours, but it's a good atmosphere with good people, and these days that's a lot more than what a lot of people have so I'm grateful). I have what I need, and more. I'll be patient for the rest.

Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment