03 February 2011

There is Sunshine in my Soul Today

I have spring fever, big time. I want to go outside and play. I want to go walking/running in a park or just around my neighborhood. I want sunshine and short sleeves.

The end of Saturday and the beginning of Sunday were not so good. I was sinking into the dark place and I didn't have any desire or ambition for stopping myself or pulling myself back up. But by the end of church I was starting to float again. But Monday morning I was quite content. By last night, I was delighted. Today I'm just kinda here.

My nephews came over this morning just before I left for school so I got hugs and kisses from the two cutest little guys in the world. My class was just a group discussion about our character sketches, which actually turned into a discussion on just about anything else. Then the teacher let us out early. I almost bought an iPod Touch...I've been wanting one for quite a while and the school has them for a good price, I just can't quite make the commitment when my paychecks are currently so measly. If I'm still thinking about it tomorrow, I may break down and do it though.

Getting out early meant I caught the bus and the train without the anxiety of wondering if I'd make it on time. So now I'm sitting here, one stop away from where my car is parked. This afternoon I'm going to help a coworker with an assignment, then the rest of the day is mine to do with as I please.

The one damper on the day is my headache. I don't know why I can't shake it. I think I need more food. I have not been eating well recently, which is great for my waistline but not so much for my headaches or nausea.

Tomorrow will be kind of a long day, but then Saturday is all mine to do with as I please! Next week is even better, I have Friday and Saturday off...whatever will I do with myself? I'm thinking of taking a little personal vacation, maybe book myself into a hotel room for the weekend and get some writing done or something. I don't know, probably not, but we'll see.

I don't know what is coming, I don't really care. Right now, in this moment, I'm happy. Life is good this week; it's nice to not have to put quite so much effort into keeping the smile on my face. It's nice to not have to lie when people ask "how are you?" I hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment