18 April 2011

I need a hugging machine

In an episode of Gray's Anatomy, Dr. Dixon, the heart surgeon with Aspergers syndrome has an anxiety attack and kind of freaks out. In order to calm her down, Dr. Bailey and Cristina Yang have to hold her, applying pressure to large areas of her body in order to soothe the sympathetic nervous system and slow her heart. She says that normally a hugging machine will take care of it, but since there wasn't one, this is what was required:


And this is what I need. When my heart aches and the anxiety is high, all I need is a hugging machine. Sadly, I don't have one, and I don't know where to find one.

It's been a long time. For quite a while after Bobpi and I broke up (and actually, for quite a while while we were together) physical contact heightened the anxiety instead of calming it. Now I can't seem to get enough of it. I guess I'm feeling the need to make up for lost time, but I haven't really had anyone. The Artist is getting better at hugging. Gonzo gives really good hugs, but only when I ask him to. Fozzy is a hugger, and he's like a big teddy bear...he could be a nice cuddle buddy, but he's so much younger than I am and I don't know that he would understand that I don't want to date him, I just want him to be my living hugging machine.

I wish I could find a new boyfriend (not the boys listed above). It's been too long.
I miss being held. More than anything else, I miss the conversation and the cuddling.
But it seem a boyfriend is not in the cards for me anytime soon.

So, does anyone know where I can find that hugging machine? I could really use it tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I can give you hugs! Come over whenever you'd like!

    I know it's not the same as a male friend cuddly, teddy bear sort of hug... but still :)

    ReplyDelete