10 April 2011

a week and a half

Tomorrow is the beginning of the end. This is the last week of classes before finals, then I'm done with classes until Fall semester. I'm so ready to not have to go to Ogden every day for a while. This semester has been rough. I've driven a lot more often than I should have and I'm just praying my car holds out until the end of next week before breaking down.

My goal for the summer is to find a full-time job. I at least need a second part-time job so I can build up my finances and cut my debt. I'm thinking of applying at some credit unions, and this time I'll stick to being a teller instead of letting them talk me into doing loans. Loans are just too stressful for me, but I do like playing with money and talking with the members. For the most part, tellering was a lot of fun.

On the other hand, if I could find a job doing something where I don't have to work with the public, something more like I did working in the mailroom, that would be nice. I'd like to find something I can do while listening to music or books on tape. Although, I've never read so many books as when I worked at the credit union. Right now, it doesn't really matter much what I do, so long as it's not in a call center or in sales. I don't know. I haven't really had much chance to look, but once this week is over I'll have more time to search.

Wish me luck on finals! After next week I'll have more time to write. I started a post about being published in my school's literary journal, so I'll post that asap.

1 comment: