14 September 2014

Grateful For...

Today is a good day.  It shouldn’t be. I should be overrun with anxiety because I’m waiting to hear from someone, waiting to be allowed to speak, waiting to know…but for reasons I’m not sure of, I’m only slightly nervous.  It seems that perspective and love are powerful forces.  Perhaps I’ll go into that a little more later, but while I’m feeling optimistic, I’m going to write about something else.


About a week and a half ago I was challenged by a dear friend to post on Facebook three things that I’m grateful for each day for one week.  Yesterday was the last day but today I am feeling overcome with gratitude and therefore, I am posting that gratitude here.

Today I am grateful for (in no particular order):


*        Today and this waiting place…regardless of what happens
*        Love, in all its forms, with all its possibilities and hopes and joys
*        Hamburgers
*        Education, both formal and informal
*        Books
*        Art
*        Movies and specific TV Shows
*        Kindness, Courtesy, General Consideration
*        Perspective
*        Music
*        Therapy, both formal and informal
*        Experience
*        Multiple chances to become better, to try again
*        Chuck
*        General Conference Talks
*        Forgiveness
*        Hope and Faith
*        Poetry
*        Photographs
*        Opportunities for communication
*        Nieces and Nephews
*        A house to live in, clothes to wear, food to eat
*        History

*        Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles, etc...
*        Travel, Beauty of the Earth and Sky
*        Family
*        Ketchup, Mustard, Barbeque Sauce
*        Ice Cream
*        Enough
*        Mistakes and opportunities to set things right
*        Plenty
*        Sweet Potato Fries
*        Netflix
*        Answered prayers
*        Blankets
*        Accessibility to so many resources
*        Employment
*        Teddy Bears and other cuddling creatures
*        Dr. Pepper
*        My car
*        Chocolate
*        Words! Words! Words!
*        Champ, the dog who made me love dogs
*        The Gospel of Jesus Christ
*        Scriptures
*        Temples
*        Patience, especially when others are patient with me
*        Friendlies
*        Coworkers: past and present…and future
*        Another new day to try again
*        Particular friends who have stood by me through some particularly difficult moments: Sarah, Zak, Dave, Heather, Rachelle, Brittany, Katie, Kristal, Brian, Natalie, Amy, Thomas, Tara, Crystal, Karen, Jason, James, Tasia, Erin, Jon, Christa, Laurel, Glenda, Eraine, Mary, Myelle, Jonathan, Todd, (and many others.  I’m sorry, my mind is blanking on names…If you feel like your name should be on this list, I assure you your name and acts of kindness are definitely written on my heart).

And so much more.  I am not grateful for the headache that is setting in, however, so I am going to end this now and go lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment