09 August 2009

2 Weeks Notice

I gave my boss two weeks notice on Friday. August 20th will be my last day of work unless something new comes up sooner.

It's very sweet-bitter (I don't like that bitter is always first). I'm excited to start a new phase. I'm excited to go back to school and I'm excited to try new things. I'm not excited to leave Double E and the guys at work. They have been so fantastic and I adore them forever! I hope they will still invite me to parties and such because I will miss them so much! V's last day was yesterday and I'll miss her as well.

But it's definitely time to move on. I've been in a moment of transition for too long now. I entered this phase two and a half years ago, thinking it would last only a few months, maybe a year at the most. It's been a good experience. I've learned a lot about finance and how things work. I now know how to buy a car so that I don't get in over my head or upside down in my payments. I have learned about credit and other loans, CD's, a little about IRA's and other savings plans. I understand more about how financial institutions work. I have been a teller, I've done new accounts and loans. I've been a supervisor and have trained others to do what I know how to do. I have worked with and met some wonderful and amazing people. Overall, it really has been a great experience.

I wish I liked numbers and finance more, I'd stay and try to work my way up further. Sadly, my heart of hearts does not love the business and so I am off to pursue the true and deep desires of my heart!

Two weeks from tomorrow I begin working toward my BA in Creative Writing at WSU! It'll be good. I have come to the conclusion that I'm going to need a BA for something that will come up in my future. I don't know why I feel so impressed to pursue my education at this moment in time, I don't know why it has taken me so long to get here...and I hope this semester doesn't end up like the Cedar City disaster. I think it will be better. I think it will work out. I don't know how. I don't know where I'm going to work or how I'm going to pay for anything but somehow things will work out. I've put in some applications and I'll put in some more if I need to. It'll be great!

Two more weeks and I'm moving on. Two more weeks and I'm making progress. Two more weeks and I'll break out of transition and into something much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment