05 September 2009

Life is good and so am I

I'm watching Runaway Bride. Next I'm going to watch another sappy chick-flick and then probably another after that. I'm done being bitter. I'm done ranting against romance and love and all the sweet and wonderful and beautiful joys in the world. I'm done being cynical and doubtful. I'm working on letting faith overcome my fears. I'm working on making myself into the best me I can be.

I know that bad things will continue to happen, it's part of life. But I'm working on keeping the better perspective through my trials. I know there is always a posibility that something will happen and I will be battered and broken again but I'm willing to take the risk. You can not know joy if you do not know sorrow. You can not fully appreciate love if you have not experienced loneliness and heartache. You can not know healing and peace if you have not known hurt and anguish.

I have experienced all of these negatives (and some others) and I am ready for the good stuff! Through my experiences I have learned empathy and understanding. I have learned that the greatest way to overcome heartache is through forgiveness. I have learned that there is nothing I can do that will make my Father not love me and not want me back...He is always waiting with open arms until I am ready to do the work required for me to find my own peace, the peace He gives. I still have some work to do but I'm recovering. God loves me, He understands me and He has provided a way for me to be healed of every wound and He will fill me with peace and joy. He will make up for every loss and every hurt and every sorrow.

Life is good and getting better all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment