16 September 2009

Notes <3

I love notes...not just Love Notes but any kind of nice notes (sorry, bad joke). There are few things better than walking out to your car to find a folded piece of notebook paper with your name on it and words of affection or endearment scribbled on the inside. I once found such a note hidden in the book I was reading. Another was written on a Post-It and conspicuously placed on the bathroom mirror, then a second on my lightswitch (I think it was). A couple of times the notes were written on a bunch of paper hearts and scattered throughout my bedroom (often referred to as a heart attack).

In my opinion it is impossible to not smile when you find such a note. I love how it says, "I was thinking of you today" or, "Just because I like you a ton" or even just, "thanks for making me smile!" I tried to send such a note today using text messaging but I really don't think it had quite the same affect. It's just not as personal and thoughtful as pen on paper.

Every card, note, heart, letter, Post-It, etc. that I've ever received is tucked safely away in a journal or in a shoe box to be kept and remembered for all my life. I love the people who shared their heart and kindness with me and I love to have a piece of them to hold in my hands, even when they are no longer with me.

I am grateful for the friends and family who have influenced my life for the better. Thank you for loving me, thank you for sharing a piece of yourself with me. Thank you for teaching me and for supporting me throughout my life.


You are positively MAGNIFICENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment