01 November 2010

New Job

Today is my first day working at Seagull Book. I start after school today, 3:30pm. It's a bookstore like I wanted. It's a job that won't make me work on Sundays. It's the location I hoped for because they close earlier so I can still have a social life when I work in the evenings. It's part-time so it shouldn't be too stressful. It's the right timing. It's the right situation.

So why am I so anxious about it?

I'm still not feeling particularly well. I didn't sleep well last night (up coughing all night). Last night wasn't particularly encouraging. I went to bed feeling insignificant and insecure, so I woke up feeling like I should stay in bed and not even try today. But I got up. I'm grateful that Midgie's my commute buddy because she helped me feel a bit better.

I wish I had someone to go home to. I wish I had my Love to collapse into his arms when today is over. Just knowing that someone would be there to keep me safe and help me rest at the end of the day would make getting through the day so much easier.

FHE's tonight. I'll have to request hugs from The Artist, Z, Packman, and anyone else willing. I'll be alright. It'll be great! Life is finally moving forward. I can talk myself through the anxiety and it'll be great...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment