10 November 2010

Wednesdays

are my long days at school. My first class starts at 9:30am and my last class ends at 8:10pm. I have a break between 1:30pm and 5:30pm, today I spent that time in the basement of Elizabeth Hall (Weber's English building) listening to Sister Hazel and writing poetry.

I'm in a creative moment and I'm loving it! Between school and my Muse, not only is my poetry improving, so is my mental health. I'm happier these days than I've ever been before. School is extremely good for my self image this semester, I really like all my teachers and I'm doing really well in my classes; and they are just what I have been needing. I have a job (though it's still not what I want, it's good enough for now) that's what I asked for. My soul has revived in a way I never dreamed it would. And most of all, I have really great friends. I have friends in each of my classes (some more friendly than others...the kids in my Adult Development class and in my Poetry Writing class are the best, they make me laugh and we have a really great time). My friends from church are even more fantastic. I'm delighted to be part of a great little group. Each of them contribute inexplicably to my life. I love them all and I am so grateful for them.

Today was a really great day! My groups in two different classes got an A on our presentation, and my teacher and classmates all raved about my last two poems! I love when other poets compliment my poetry. It makes me feel like I might actually have some talent. My name might really be on the cover of my very own published book of poetry one day! That would be really cool!

Now I'm going to bed earlier than I have been. I don't have school or work tomorrow so I'm going to try my best to sleep in and catch up on all the sleep I haven't been getting recently (because I've been playing too much).

Yeah, life is good!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment