25 December 2010

Shiny Happy People

I noticed something at work today: I'm always happy and smiling at work. Even when I'm tired or when the day starts out not-so-well, within a few minutes of being at work I'm in a better mood. I'm pretty sure it's because of the people I work with. They are all so good at having a positive attitude and it totally brings me up! It's so easy to be positive and happy around positive and happy people.

How do you create and maintain a positive and happy attitude when you're around negative or complaining people? Sometimes I have a difficult time being positive around certain friends, either because they are negative, or because they are so accepting of and open to my negativity. We get into complaining or venting sessions too often.

I want to be a shiny, happy person more often. I'm trying to improve my perspective, and I'm trying to be more accepting and supportive.

Believe it or not I've lightened up a lot from when I was younger. I don't take myself or others quite so seriously as I used to, most of the time anyway. Now and then I have a bad day (or week, or month) and I struggle with seeing myself accurately, then my whole perspective of everything gets skewed. But I'm getting better.

Last month I panicked a little, but I got through it. I saw it while I was in it and I was able to recover without doing too much damage. The last couple of days have shown me that Gonzo is a friend who is sticking around, at least for now, and I think we're going to be okay. He was surprisingly kind and accepting and understanding of my quirky little insecurities.

I appreciate and am so grateful for each of my friends (including co-workers). I love them so much! People matter most and I'm so much happier when I'm surrounded by happy and fun friends. :) I've always been so blessed with great friends and co-workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment