27 December 2010

Ugh! in dating

Why is it that the guys who like me are always the ones I really don't like...and never the ones I do? Why can't a guy like The Artist or Pacman or Gonzo like me for once? They are closer to my ideal. None of the guys who have liked me have fit into that ideal. It's not like I have a list of a million requirements, I'm actually pretty realistic and flexible on most things. I just find myself attracted to certain qualities in people who just don't seem to be attracted to me.

There's gotta be a guy out there who I will be attracted to and who will be attracted to me. I don't know, maybe I'm seeing us inaccurately, but I think I am about the same level of attractiveness as the guys I've mentioned. I mean, we're friends and people generally seem to be drawn to other people who are similar in appearance, social status, education, employment, etc. We're varying degrees of each, but all relatively close.

So why are the socially awkward, uneducated, unemployed, and unattractive guys the only guys who are interested in me right now? Ugh! I'm done with dating. I'm just going to enjoy my friends and focus on finishing up my BA. Marriage will come sometime, just not anytime soon.

Meanwhile, both my sister and my sister-in-law are pregnant. At least I have super cute nephews (and hopefully at least one niece by the end of the year) to love and spoil!

Sigh...

1 comment:

  1. No sigh sister. Things happen when they are meant to happen. (I mean look at me!!!)

    ReplyDelete