05 January 2011

New Year! Hello 2011, Please Be Kind

Despite all my whining, last year (2010) was actually a really good year.

It was one of the most social times in my life.

I became more extroverted than ever before.

Friendships were created, developed, renewed (a few toxic ones were dissolved)

Hundreds (possibly even thousands) of pictures were taken to document a plethora of memorable experiences

I completed two more semesters toward my BA

Finally found a job that works for now

My nephews turned 1 year old and 4 years old

Accompanied my sister-in-law through the Temple; and then witnessed her and my brother's sealing for time and all eternity!

Learned, healed, changed, grew

My creativity and ability to write revived and I wrote some publishable poems

Dropped one pant size

Realized and recovered from my ridiculousness more quickly than ever before

Bought new glasses (mine are like 8 years old, very ineffective)

******************

Now for the new year. I don't really make resolutions. I just want to be a little better than I was last year.

More kind, charitable, and friendly
More patient, understanding, and forgiving
Less angry and irritated
Less selfish/self-centered
Quicker to step up and help out
More involved and active
More focused on the things that matter most (i.e. family, friends, education)
Less afraid...or I should say, more courageous

By the end of this year I should...
Graduate from Weber with my BA
Have a better-paying, full-time job (at least have applications in for such)
Be totally healed from previous relationships
(Hopefully) Be in a new relationship
Have plans in action for living on my own
PUBLISH! Something, ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment