21 October 2009

out of practice

Tonight I went to the 25-30 institute class at the Sandy campus. The talk was more of an astronomy lesson, some cool pictures but not incredibly uplifting.
I suppose you wouldn't be completely wrong if you said, "Dearest, you weren't there for the talk anyway, you were there to meet people!"

Yes, that is true. The trouble is that I'm so out of practice it's almost laughable. So I stood by The Artist and his "girlfriend" and smiled. I tried to make myself look appealing but it would seem that I was either appaling or invisible. Whatever the case, I did not meet any guys tonight. I'm ok with that though. I don't really want to meet a guy that way, I've never really had any luck with guys I've met that way. I'll keep going and keep smiling and such, but I'd prefer to meet someone some other way.

A smaller setting, for example; a friendly gathering or perhaps the choir. The most success has been through a mutual friend. So I guess the point I'm trying to get to is:

I'm now accepting applications/invitations for blind dates. If you have a friend who is a good guy and you think we might get along, give me a call or leave me a message or find me on Facebook and I'll be more than happy to give him a chance...and let him give me a chance. I'm opening myself up to a broad new world of possibilities here!

The times they are a-changin' and I'm changing too! Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment