21 September 2010

i wish it would rain

Day in, day out, my tear stained face
Pressed against my window pane
I search the skies desperately for rain
Cause rain drops will hide my teardrops
And no one will ever know
That I'm crying when I go outside
~ from I Wish it Would Rain by the Temptations

Today is a weepy day.
It's just one of those days, we all have them.
I'm going to be alright; tomorrow will be better.
Life is just this way sometimes.
Today is a day to cry...
tomorrow will be a day to smile.

Ecclesiastes 3
1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven:
4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. ~ Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Tearless grief bleeds inwardly. ~ Christian Nevell Bovee

Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed. ~ Natalie Clifford Barney

To weep is to make less the depth of grief. ~ William Shakespeare, King Henry VI

It is some relief to weep; grief is satisfied and carried off by tears. ~ Ovid

Tears are the safety valve of the heart when too much pressure is laid on it. ~ Albert Smith

Tears are God's gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow.
~ Rita Schiano, Sweet Bitter Love

What soap is for the body, tears are for the soul. ~ Jewish Proverb

Unless you have been very, very lucky, you have undoubtedly experienced events in your life that have made you cry. So unless you have been very, very lucky, you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit. ~ Lemony Snicket

It is such a secret place, the land of tears. ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince

I feel a little better now. I've cried twice today and may cry more. But now that I've seen what others have to say about tears, I feel a little better about having a weepy day now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment