28 September 2010

Oh How I Miss Thee

It's been a while since The Artist and I have spent any time together, just us like we used to. We haven't had a really good conversation in months. I think that's been part of my trouble. The Artist and I used to talk all the time, he was one of my best friends for a long while and I knew I could always count on him for a good, meaningful conversation when my life was lacking. Over the summer a distance formed between us. I could feel it, didn't like it, but didn't know what to do about it.

Tonight a bunch of us formed an underground FHE. We met at Z's house and went to get 50 cent wings at Wing Coop, then back to Z's to watch a movie. We watched Better Off Dead, one of my all time favorite flicks (I love John Cusack...he's a great actor, and totally reminds me of my dearest Uncle). It was so much fun! After the movie we stood in the parking lot for a while and chatted until everyone else dispersed and The Artist and I were the only ones left. He asked how I've been and we talked for about 45 minutes. I've missed my friend. He and I decided a while ago that we're like twins. We see things in much the same way, we've had similar experiences so we understand each other in a way that a lot of other people don't. I told him of some of my recent troubles with other people's tainted and inaccurate perceptions of me. He knows me well and has known me for quite a while so I trust him when he reassures me of the truth.

I need to remember that when I feel down, discouraged, or uncertain of my worth or identity, I should seek for reassurance from those who know me well, those who love me, and those who have been with me the longest. I've been blessed with some really good friends who love me and I am so grateful for them.

Bestest Friend, The Artist, Missalicious, and Midgie listen to me and understand me; they are the ones who have empathy because they've been through similar things; and they are the ones who can always make me feel better. Other friends don't understand as well but they are kind and supportive (Hey-Pay, RSP2, RJ and a few others). And then there's Z who just makes me grin and giggle...for all his quirks, he is so much of what I want to be; I hope we stay friends for quite a while yet so some of his characteristics rub off on me. I am so grateful for good friends. They are really the influences that make my life worthwhile.

Throughout the years I have been blessed with some really great friends. When some move on, others come to fill the void. I have so many happy memories of so many great times with friends and I'm going to do my best to remember them when I start to feel down or alone. Instead of being sad when they aren't around anymore, I'll pull out my photo albums and remember gratefully how much fun we had when we were together.

That's one reason I take so many pictures. I love capturing the great moments so that years later, when we've all gone our separate ways, I can look back and remember how much fun we had... :)

I didn't take pictures tonight, but it was definitely one of the really good ones I'd like to remember. I needed the boost, I needed to just kick back, relax and enjoy some good times with fun friends. It was a really good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment