01 September 2010

Perspective

I don't get along well with Red personality types. I'm a blue-yellow, the two colors that clash most extremely with reds. BJL is a RED and I turn all caps BLUE when I'm interacting with him one on one. He yells and I cower. He rants his point of view and I cry uncontrollably.

His perspective of me is incorrect and unjust but he states it as fact. I don't know how to talk to him so I try to avoid him. I want to change places so I don't have to be anywhere near him anymore. He feels he has a right to tell me what to do and how to do it but he doesn't understand. He doesn't know me, doesn't know my history, doesn't understand what I'm trying to do. It's frustrating and discouraging and disappointing.

I've decided to listen to my friends and family, those who have been with me through my darkness and heartache and trouble. Those who judge me harshly without knowing me don't get to have a say anymore. I've listened to them too long and that's why I'm in this condition. My voice, God's voice, Bestest Friend's voice...those are the ones I need to listen to and take to heart. Those are the ones I can trust. God and Bestest Friend are kind and gentle, but honest and forthright. They see me as I have been, as I am, and as I can become. They support me and guide me gently through the storms and strife. They bring peace and solace.

No comments:

Post a Comment