19 October 2010

DaNcInG to Bearproof on the Roof

Tonight for FHE we had a concert on the roof of a parking garage. First of all, how cool is that! The view was beautiful, the weather was a little nippy but not bad, and the guys were AMAZING! (check them out at www.bearproofmusic.com or on Facebook).

Dancing and music used to be my all-time favorite things. I have always enjoyed a great live concert, and until a few years ago, I never had any trouble shakin' my groove thang. But recently I have not had such an intimate relationship with music and dancing. When I lost myself a few years ago, I lost this part of me too. Now that I'm getting to know myself again, I'm remembering the joy I always found in good music and dancing.

Tonight, as soon as the music started I couldn't keep myself from bobbing my head and swaying in my seat. Not wanting others to think there was something wrong with me, I contained myself as long as possible, since no one else was dancing, I didn't have the courage to bust my moves. When Pola and RJ showed up I was so excited because I knew they were less inhibited than the other ward members. Seconds after they arrived we were movin' and groovin' to the rockin' great tunes of Bearproof. I have not danced so freely and joyfully in a very, very long time.

I feel so liberated! I feel so happy! I feel so...myself!

I've always wanted a friend in a band; I'm so grateful for Z and Ring Ting Ting (two of the four band members), particularly in this moment in my life when I have been in such need of inspiration and encouragement; and when I am now so ready for life!!!

Tonight was a really good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment