08 October 2010

Writing Again

Sitting in the hall, writing in my journal while waiting for the professor to come and open the classroom.
"Your name is Laura, right?" One of my classmates asked. I nodded and he continued, "I really liked your poem this week. It was your best yet! In fact, your poems have only gotten better each week. That's hard to do." I smiled and thanked him. Once we started the critiquing section of class, other classmates made similar comments about my poem.

At the end of class the professor read through each of our poems that he had reviewed and revised for us. I liked most of the changes he made, they created a tighter and more fluid piece.

The poems are coming more easily now. Writing in general has become more natural over the last few weeks. I'm beginning to feel like myself in a way I don't think I ever actually have before. This is me, the writer; more specifically, the poet. I'm an artist and I need to discard my fear and just be confident in myself. I knew this class would be good for me!

I'm writing, and I can't explain how important that is to me. I'm so grateful that I'm finally being blessed with words and poetry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment