03 February 2010

life is a highway i wanna ride it all night long

My brain has been on stand-by. I've been half asleep all week. The bane of my existance is my grammar class. Last night I went dancing and sang karaoke for the first time in my life...and loved it! I'm not writing. Something is still disjointed, something is still not connecting right. I have a job interview tomorrow. My tax return is coming. He's the one I want...but only in my mind because my heart (despite all efforts to convince her otherwise) is afraid of trying to love again in reality. My current joys in life are singing and reading Victorian novels. Girl friends and The Artist are my social life (I'm grateful that I have a social life!) I might fail half my classes this semester. God has my back when it comes to paying my bills. I'm taking the challenge of extreme friendliness seriously...and it's led to another first date. Living in the moment, moment to moment, is all I can do with my life because every endeavour I have ever made has been thwarted and turned in an unexpected way. Family and friends are more important to me than anything else. I have spurts of self-assurance but I'm still not consistently confident in who I am...which is probably why I'm not writing. Life is good, particularly when I can avoid thinking about what I can't control and focus on enjoying the revival of my social life. This phase of life is not my favorite but it's better than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment