23 April 2010

Another Step

The semester is officially over. I did what I could; not my very best, but I hope it's good enough. I realized too late what was holding me back. At least I know now what needs to be done during the summer to prepare for next semester. I need to pull myself together and focus on my education since that is the path that is set before me. What has passed doesn't matter anymore. The ghosts don't have to haunt me; I can ask them to leave and ignore them if they do come around. I need to finish healing and open my heart.

I need a job. I need to teach myself to be better with money. I need to figure out what I want to do in life instead of continuing on with the moment to moment strategy...I still don't know what I want to do when I "grow up".

The writing thing isn't working out. I really thought it would improve by going back to school and focusing on it but all I am finding is that I'm not feeling any better about it. Maybe it was just a bad semester. Maybe breaking out of the past will help me open up and start writing again? I don't know.

I registered for fall semester today. Most of my classes are for my minor. I've been considering swapping my major and minor, focusing more on psychology through Family Studies and a little less on the English stuff. I think I could go further and do more good in the world if I did this. Perhaps Social Work or something related should be my goal. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. you can do it! reach for it and anything can happen!

    ReplyDelete