04 April 2010

Trust

my steps are slow and stumbling
groping with my hands, sensing
what I can not see in the darkness
forcing myself to keep moving forth
though fear begs me to stop, go back
instinctively I know the way home
for my guide is One, perfect, visionary
He has made the journey before
His steps were heavier, his burden
more than I could ever bear alone
He Sacrificed All so I don't have to
when I am too weak, too weary
He carries me through the night
when I am afraid, wounded or sad
He understands my fears, my pain
and administers to my every need
He promised to remain by my side
though sometimes I wander, and
sometimes I fall, He lifts me, guides
me back to where I should go
and He loves me through it all
He will not let me fail; His Power
is more than sufficient for my need
He lived, then died, and lives again
for me...

2 comments:

  1. well put laura. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dearest! I think I figured out one of the blocks to my poetry; I forgot that I do best with free verse...I try too hard for the rhyme. The blocks are crumbling a piece at a time!

    ReplyDelete