27 April 2010

Good Friends = Sanity!

Last week was not so good. I was stressed about finishing up the semester and so I hid myself way in my anti-social way. Now I see that I couldn't have done anything more to hinder my sanity or my happiness. People are what matter. People make life worthwhile. Saturday, Sunday, and this evening were spent wrapped up in people, my dear friends. The Artist, Shygirl, Midgie, The Williams, Niv, Jones, Cousin C, the HTs, etc. I love these people and I am so very grateful for their presence in my life right now. They make me happy.

So much of my life was spent think and feeling I was completely alone. I forget sometimes that I'm not alone anymore. There are so many people who would love to be there for me when I need someone. I just have to remember to let them. People usually can't do for us what they don't know we need...I used to get mad at people basically for not being able to read my mind and fill my need that I never let them know I had. Now, I have a different attitude. No expectations. I go into a social situation with the decision to have a good time and be happy and try to make others smile...in turn, I generally end up having a great time and whatever need I had, for attention or affection (those are my usual wishes) are filled because I'm open to them but not requiring them.

Last night we stayed late at the institute and played card games: Rats (I think that's what it's called) and Idiot (one of my very favorite card cames of all time, lot of good times with that one). Tonight, after leaving the headache triggering, wouldbe-talent show, we went to my house and watched Emperor's New Groove...with lots of Mystery Science Theater type comments inspiring many, many giggles and laughs. The Protector (big brother Williams) makes me ever so happy as we have a very similar sense of humor. I love that they have adopted me as their sister and half-wish I had been born a Williams...I fit in so well with them!

Shygirl basically has a boyfriend, and I am so extremely happy for her because it's been a really long time since I've seen her so happy! We had a few minutes to chat, which was nice. The Artist and I had a few minutes to chat as well, he's that person I can talk to about anything. We are both Quality Conversation people so our chats almost always leave me feeling filled.

I simply adore my wonderful and phenominal friends. We love as we are and just enjoy each other; no need to change them, none of them seeking to change me. We just love! Their love and humor do wonders to help improve my sanity and keep my attitude and mood positive! Thank you all, dear friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment