04 May 2013

friends

all i'll really remember about today is the people. i worked with three of my favorite co-workers. we talked and laughed and had a pretty good time. tonight i went with The Artist, Nat, Chelle, HeyPay and her sister to see Iron Man 3...the movie was good, the company was better. all that matters is people. maybe people and knowledge...that's all we can take with us when we leave this life. when people look back at the end of their lives, what people say most is that they wish they'd spent more time with the people they love. people are my priority, 99% of the time.  i surround myself with good people and my happiest moments are when i'm with them. my most distressing times are when there is discord or miscommunication...or no adequate communication. i don't just mean contact, just saying hi or exchanging a shallow word or two isn't adequate. substance that lets me know where we stand, a true exchange of interest and concern for the other's well being, creating moments that make good memories...that is friendship...that is what i love most.

No comments:

Post a Comment