19 January 2011

feelings of aggression are the absence of the love drug in your veins

That Savage Garden has some poignant lyrics.

I've been feeling aggressive recently. I've been feeling disappointed, neglected, angry, sad, hurt, anxious, tired...and a few other wearying emotions. I've been feeling paranoid. I haven't wanted to be around me, so I guess it's not surprising that I feel like no one else wants to be around me. I try to hide it when I'm around other people. I try to "fake it" but I get so tired of faking. Why do things have to be happy all the time? Why do we have to pretend that everything is peachy when it's not? I don't feel well today. I feel empty and unloved.

More than anything, I feel unloving. If I had love inside myself that I could give to others, I wouldn't feel to empty or negative. I spent all my love on people who threw it away and now I just don't have any more to give. I need an infusion of love into my veins, but it's not like I can go to the hospital and have them hook me up to an IV. Love doesn't come in a bottle, where does love come from?

I used to be really good at loving. I used to have hugs at the ready, compassion for anyone who needed it, now I think I want to just hide away. I feel empty because I have no love to give. I try. I try to serve and give to those in need, but I just feel more depleted. Maybe once my sinus infection goes away I'll feel better and more able to give. For now, I think it's best if I just become a hermit for a few days, stay away from people so they don't get poisoned by my inadequate blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment