20 January 2011

I have Fantastic Friends!

They can't take away the pain. They can't change the past. They can't make my decisions for me. They can't heal the the brokenness of my life.

But they show me and tell me how much they care. They remind me that the pain will go away in time. They lend perspective to the past. They help me weigh my options. They show me how to create a better future. And most importantly they love me and stick by me no matter what.

Last year was one of the best of my life. I had so much fun and made many great new friendships I hope will last for a long while. I found steady employment. I had a nearly perfect semester for the first time in a long time. I reclaimed my ability to write poetry.

My confidence still needs some work. I still have some bitterness and fear to eradicate from my heart. But generally, I've made a lot of progress over the last year, and though I have minor setbacks now and then (like this week), I'm happier than I've ever been.

A lot of the goodness in my life is due to my dear fantastic friends! I'm so grateful for each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment