13 January 2011

It's All In The Attitude

Today is a lot better than I thought it would be. Last night we had a Relief Society activity where we listened to the Utah Dating Coach talk about flirting technique. I used to be a fantastic flirter! In the last couple of years, however, I have been suppressing that side of me, for fear of attracting, yet again, the wrong guys. I used to flirt with every guy, you know, for fun and practice. Now I can't even flirt with the ones I'm not interested in.

Last night I went to bed discouraged. I've had some interest in a couple guys this year, but because of my fear, I've suppressed my flirtations at the weakest sign of interest and instead either ran away completely, or affixed the "just friends" label, squelching any future possibility.

Soft and encouraging eye contact, a warm and inviting (not overbearing) smile, a gentle and playful touch of the arm or knee, make him feel great! I used to do these things instinctively, now I can't seem to force myself to do them. Sigh...I need to just shrug off my fear and start having fun again.

I have no reason to be insecure or afraid. I am quite a catch and a guy would be lucky to have me. I'm intelligent, kind, educated, responsible, empathetic, fun, pretty, and have a great sense of humor. I'm going places, man! People love me, they enjoy my company and generally want me around. Life is good and getting better all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment