04 May 2010

Dear Friend,

(That is what I'll call you, for that is what we ought to be).
Tonight I saw you sitting at the next table, surrounded by friends, just as I was. The guest spoke of Sisterhood and my heart reached out to you in sisterly affection. I wanted to pull you aside after and talk with you for a moment to see if we could come to an understanding. Things shouldn't have gone the way they did all those months ago. I was not then, nor am I now the threat you perceive. I am a friend and I wish you well.

I'm not seeking to be a part of your life. I understand that is asking too much. I'm only seeking closure. A friend I deeply loved was ripped from my life too quickly, without compassion or kindness, without understanding. I'm not asking for that friendship back, though do I wish somehow we could all be friends. There's too much hate in the world as it is, why should you hate me and reject me for wanting to love? We should be sisters, not enemies. If we'd met in another place, another time, another circumstance, we probably would have been friends. I don't understand.

If you ever change your heart and mind, I'll be here, waiting to be friends. If you don't, I wish you both well and I hope your life together is full of joy and love. Take care of each other, treat each other well. God Bless...

always,
laura

No comments:

Post a Comment