18 May 2010

la la la

This week is busy. I have plans every evening. Last night was FHE at the Bishop's house, such fun and we actually had a pretty good turn out!

Tonight I went to Bestest Friend's house and she made Greek Souvlaki, pitas, soup and rice; she's so domestic. It's been too long since we were last able to spend time together, just us. It was nice to talk for a while. I miss her more than I have words to say. I think she could hear in my voice on Saturday when we talked on the phone how much I needed some time with her. She's the person who knows me better than anyone else. She knows where I've been and all I've been through and so I don't have to give any history or explain anything to her, she just knows. I really miss her.

Tomorrow my dear friend is taking me to dinner and the show at Hale. I feel so humbled to have such kind friends these days. They take care of me and help me out while I struggle to find a way to stay afloat without employment. It's been almost nine months since I left the credit union...I knew it was the right thing to do, but I didn't know it would be so hard and take so long to find another job. I don't know what to do and at this point I'm getting pretty nervous. I don't want to rely on the charity of others. I like to be the one taking care of them, not the other way around. But I guess it's a moment of receiving and when I learn what I'm supposed to be learning, I'll be able to give again.

Thursday I'm hanging out with another good friend. Friday Shygirl and I are doing something during the day. Then in the evening a bunch of us are getting together for a girl's night! That'll be tons of fun!

Saturday is a busy day. I have choir practice for stake conference at 10am. In the afternoon I'm going hiking with some friends. Then in the evening is the Saturday session of stake conference, probably followed by some sort of social gathering. Sunday morning I have a leadership meeting for conference, then the Sunday session. Sunday night there's a fireside.

In the between time, when I'm not looking for a job or helping out around the house, I'm putting together a puzzle. 1000 pieces that come together to form a picture of Mickey and Minnie in Venice. I like puzzles because they help me to be patient and give me a sense of accomplishment when they are done. It's been a while since I've put one together. I often start them when I'm in a moment like the one I'm currently in: an "in-between" moment. The last step is finished, and I'm waiting for the next step to begin. It gives me something to do while I wait.

I don't know what's going to happen next. It's making me a little anxious, but I'm doing my best to stay positive and look for the faith to keep moving forward. I know things will come together eventually. I'm pretty sure there's a purpose in this moment, I'm just not sure what it is. I have some of the pieces put together, but like the puzzle I'm working on, it doesn't look like much just yet because too many of the pieces are still needing to be set. But I'm still working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment