08 March 2010

Friends of a Feather Flock Forever

The CES Fireside last night was about friendship. One thing that was mentioned was: To find good friends, be a good friend (or something to that effect). I looked around me and found myself surrounded by really great friends. We have the same values and standards (most important), we have similar interests and goals, and we have a similar perspective on friendship.

When I'm in trouble I know they will be there...and they know the same of me. I have three particular best friends who have been fairly constant in my life for a number of years. I have others who, although time and life take us in different directions, we know we'll come together again and it will be as though no time was lost.

I have other friends who have touched my life and taken up residence in my heart and although we probably will never meet again in this life, I will always cherish their memory and look forward to eternity when we will greet each other again.

I am the friend I want to be. I greet everyone I meet with open arms and an open heart and I know I will always have someone there when I turn around. In moments of fear, disappointment or discouragement, I know I have a place I can turn for encouragement and support...or just to have a hand to hold and a shoulder to lean on.

Have faith in Heaven and keep your heart open and there will always be a friend beside you when you look for one.

Thank you to all of my dear friends! I love you most exquisitely and I am grateful for your influence in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment