13 March 2010

Superman, The Artist, and Me

Recently The Artist has become one of my dearest friends. We've always had a great relationship and there's never been the complication of attraction between us. We are friends, possibly even more like brother and sister; since I never had an older brother and always wanted one, it's a pretty good set up.

Today we both had some free time so The Artist came over and we spent the end of the afternoon and beginning of evening watching Smallville (his favorite TV show, my favorite super hero). Before we started watching, however, we talked. We talked for probably about an hour before turning on the show. If you've read Dr. Gary Chapman's book, The Five Love Languages, you'll understand what I mean when I say that The Artist and I both have Quality Time as our primary love language with the particular dialect being Quality Conversation. Sit down with me, face to face, on a regular basis and have a really good conversation with me, and I will feel that you love me. It's really nice to have a friends who speak the same language. The Artist talks to me and I talk to him, we each listen to what the other has to say. We have a conversation, never a monologue. It's good.

I don't remember the last time The Artist and I hung out just the two of us for such a period of time. I love having all my friends around, I love parties and big group activities...but now and then it's really nice to have his undivided attention. It was the best afternoon I've had in a long time; just Superman, The Artist and Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment