09 March 2010

Six weeks and still waiting

I'm really not happy with Geek Squad right now. Six weeks ago I slipped on the snow at school, busted my knee and dropped my computer, breaking the corner. I immediately took my computer to Best Buy where I bought it with the hope that getting it right in would mean I would get it right back. No so much. Here I am 6 weeks later and I can't get any more information than, "we had to send it to California and they had to order a part and now it's 'in repair', really, I promise, someone is working on it as we speak."

Right! Hah! I went to the website and put in the order number to check the status and they haven't updated since February 12 --> which said that it's being repaired. Seriously? It takes a whole month to repair the frame of my computer? Nothing was wrong with any of the hardware, just the casing...this is unacceptable.

But what can I do? Yelling at them about it won't help. Besides, anyone I could actually get on the phone wouldn't be the one who is actually responsible for the delay. I don't know what to do. I'm going nuts without my laptop, especially since I have so many writing projects for school. I obviously have access to a computer but it's uncomfortable, inconveniently located and terribly distracting when anyone else is in the room. I'm a writer, an artist without her tool...I can't go on this way much longer or I am going to fail all my classes.

Please computer wizards, please give my laptop back to me! Someone please help me out. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to talk to computer people so they will listen and take action to fulfill my need. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment