10 January 2010

Experience Something New

Well, we went to the Monster Truck show. Neither of us had ever been and he didn't even tell me where we were going until we were in the car on the way there. It's generally not my idea of fun, but I decided that since I was in it, I might as well make the best of it. So, psyched myself up for it and ended up having fun. Life is, after all, what you make of it. I don't know if he had fun or not. I'm not really sure why he asked me in the first place or if he regrets that choice. I don't know. For me, it was an interesting and hope-inspiring initiation back into the dating world. I discovered that no matter what I find myself in the middle of, I have the power to enjoy myself. I also found out that I really like surprises and I trying new things. I always said I did but now I know it's true.

My date was an interesting fellow, intriguing character study if nothing else. I don't know that we would mesh well as anything beyond friends though. So, I'll chock it up to experience and move forward. Life is strange...and so am I. Someday someone will love all of my quirks and oddities. Until then I have friends and family...and school to keep me occupied. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment