05 January 2010

If I keep moving, if I just act on instinct, then I don't have time to think

Dear Mr. Music,

I was tired today; tired of thinking about recent past, wishing only for the future. Thank you for invading my thoughts and providing a suitable distraction and hope. Your smile makes me giddy, especially when you gaze directly in my eyes. When you stand close to me, my heart flutters and it's difficult to breath...in the most delightful way.

It's been so long since I felt that way.

The affect that you have on my spirits, my senses, my intellect gives me a rush of encouragement. I'm feeling inspired. My creativity is reviving; my imagination bursting to life. Although it was only in my mind, the date we shared today was one of the best of my life. Perhaps one day it'll become reality. I think I'll keep thinking of you for a while...it helps to pretend we are more than we are.

Maybe nothing will ever come of you and I beyond singing sessions and secret rendezvous in my stories, but it's more than enough for now. Perhaps it won't be you, but dreaming of you gives me hope and focus.

So Mr. Music, thank you for lingering. Thank you for lending me your confidence and enthusiasm for life. Thank you for teaching me to be less inhibited and more myself. Your shadow over me like a ghost, wrapping around me, keeping me safe and giving me courage enables fearlessness in me.

Good night, sweet Mr. Music. I wish you happy dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment