02 January 2010

I ask the questions for reassurance

The answers are inside of me. I've read the books, I've taken the classes. I know the answers that are available. But I ask the questions anyway.
My heart is sad, my mind is afraid. What if what I believe isn't what is really true?
So I ask the questions I'm afraid to believe in so I can hear someone I try to trust tell me that what I know, what I believe, is what is real.

I know, but when life turns upside-down or makes an unexpected detour, I need reassurance.

There are times in our lives when we all need reassurance. We can make it through on our own because we know the answers are inside of us...but it's nice to have someone there, a friend, a family member, even a stranger (every now and then someone we consider an enemy), to remind us that we really do know, that we really can make it through.

Thank you for being that voice of comfort and reassurance for me. Thank you for letting me be that voice for you.

That's one reason why people are what matters...we need to be friends with everyone or we might miss the opportunity to be the answer to someone else's prayer.

I'm thankful for friends. I'm thankful for family. I'm thankful for my three-year-old nephew who teaches me so much already. I'm thankful for opportunities to learn and grow and become better...even if the opportunities look more like savage attacks from unseen influences. ;-)
I'm better, I'm a better person for all the crap and pain I've endured. I'm stronger. I'm open. I'm ready to move forward.

1 comment:

  1. The best memories I have are the ones where I opened up to someone and found validation or reassurance. It's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete