05 January 2010

People!

I am on the Frontrunner on my way to school for my second day of the semester. Yesterday was good but a little overwhelming. I'm going to be reading A LOT and writing A LOT this semester. I have 15 credit hours, that's 5 classes...I've only taken this many once before but one class was a dance class and another was with a teacher who adored me (yeah, she announced to the class on the first day that I was her favorite student...). This semester my classes are not so easy. They are going to be a lot of work and will require a great deal of attention and focus. I think I'm up for the challenge, but I'm a little nervous. I'm praying for confidence and courage.

There are a few familiar faces in two of my classes thus far, no real friends yet but at least it's a start. I ride the morning train with my sister-in-law; it's always nice to have a travel buddy and I can't think of a better one! It's good that we travel together in the morning because it gets me up and to the train on time.

After school yesterday I went to visit my sister. The Kid was in a mood and driving Bliss crazy. Baby slept most of the time I was there. Since my parents are out of town for the funeral today, Bliss invited me to stay for dinner...and go back today to go shopping with her and stay for dinner. I appreciate her kindness and it's nice to spend time with my family! I will need to get some homework done at some point though. I did too much putting it off last semester and I can't do that again. But people are what matters!

A friend in my ward sent me a text last night while I was reading Skippyjon Jones books to my nephew and asked if I was going to FHE. I said I wasn't sure and she said I had to go. So, since she wanted me there, I went. We went bowling and I lost terribly. I don't much care for bowling, I think it's the shoes and the fact that I can never find a ball that's light but has holes to fit my somewhat thick fingers. But, it was fun! I lost with grace and style. And besides, the reason I went was to be with people. The Artist came and life is always better with him around. A group of us went to Applebee's after. Since I haven't had a job in four months I am nearly completely broke at the moment so I didn't order anything but water but I was there for the people anyway. I had a lot of fun!

I need to make a point of going to FHE every week. I have been going for the most part but I need to make a committment to go. I need to be with people as much as possible so I can serve more and make more friends. The Man asked me to take an institute class with him this semester (The Artist is taking the same class), so that will get me out and meeting new people as well...at least it will get me out and being with people...

I've decided that I need to stop isolating myself and instead I need to keep myself actively involved with activities that include other people. We need each other to help us be strong. I love people! I can't say it enough: People are what matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment