15 November 2009

Best Friends




Last night was Bestest Friend's wedding reception. It was beautiful, perfect! I was the maid of honor and she was the bride of my dreams :-)
Supposedly I'm next...I caught the bouquet...

Shygirl was one of the brides maids, The Artist and Em came too so we all sat at a table for a while. A neighbor asked what I was going to do now that my best friend is married and I'm not. I said I didn't know but then I looked across the table and said, "I have my other best friends here!" They were very excited to be my possy and said we should make t-shirts that say "Laura's Best Friends" or something. Create a fan club. Hahaha!

I love them dearly, they make me happy!

After the reception Shygirl and I went back to my house to watch Heroes and The Artist came over a little later to watch with us. I made The Artist go with me to take Shygirl home because I was half asleep by then. He is so dear to my heart. I love him and love hanging out with him. We have some great conversations and he's just a lot of fun to be with.
Good Times!

And I'm glad to know that even though Bestest Friend is married, she still needs me and makes time to call me...and we've had the chance to hang out a few times too! I love her husband too. At first I was a little skeptical but he is a rather perfect friend-in-law. He and I bonded on Halloween and I've had nothing but loving feelings for him ever since. He knows I'm important to Bestest Friend and that she is important to me. He won't get in the way of our friendship and has even encouraged her to call me or answer my phone calls, even when it's not super convenient. He's good people!
I am so grateful to be blessed with fantastic friends!

Speaking of gratitude for best friends, it was nice to have a moment with Bobpi at stake conference today. I miss talking with him, he's still one of the people I want to talk about everything with (like how happy I am about my new nephew...or questions and insights about gospel topics, or school...or anything...)
I know this is silly but what I miss more than almost anything is getting Greek and watching our shows together...very few people seem to like that combination. That was one of my favorite things about our friendship. Maybe one day we'll be able to do that again. I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment