29 November 2009

Filter

We are reading Frankenstein in my British Lit class. One of the main themes is:

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I'm trying to apply that to my blogging. Just because I can say anything, doesn't mean I should.
I keep writing blog posts, posting them, then taking them down. I don't know what to say. I don't know what's ok and what isn't, I don't know who reads and who doesn't. I don't know how what I say is received by those who do read.
So I'm working on censuring myself. I don't want my blog to be a dumping ground anymore. I want to be uplifting and enlightening, not preachy or accusing or complaining.

Life is good and I want to share the good. So I'm working on my filter.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to see you've taken me off your other journal. I'm sorry to say I'm not much of a poster, but I am/was a faithful reader of your blogs for years. I understand the need for censure, and I'm saddened to have to be a part of that. If you change your mind, or want to talk, or get to know me better you can :)

    -Anneliese
    smile_13579@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete