12 November 2009

Tender Mercies

I woke up feeling anxious and gloomy this morning. The heavy sky didn't help and while riding frontrunner to school I felt myself slipping. I prayed for something to lift my mood. Within a few minutes a two-year-old girl with crazy red curls took notice of me sitting across the aisle and back one section. She played peek-a-boo. She showed me all her treasures. She showed off. She smiled at me.
Her dad kept apologizing that she was bothering me. I told him it was no bother at all. She was an angel sent to cheer me up.
We pulled into Ogden station and she jumped off her seat before the train stopped and started walking down the aisle. Her dad had his hands full so I grabbed her and sat her on the seat next to me. Her four-year-old brother came and sat across from us so I entertained them for a moment while their dad gathered their things. Cutest kids!

I thought of The Kid...and his little brother who should arrive this weekend! I'm so grateful for my nephews, they are the joy of my life!

My first class was cancelled today, very nice...my creative nonfiction class was fun. The whole class critiqued my vignette and they had some pretty fun things to say. I really like that class (except that my writing really doesn't fit what my teacher wants me to write, oh well) it's fun and we're pretty friendly. It's a tangenty class, we're always getting off topic but in a good way. They are people like me, writers, quirky, random. It's good times.

The ride home was fun with my sister-in-law. Love her!

My car payment was due so I went down to WSJ to visit my people. I walked in to the Walmart and my favorite door greeter was there, Gramma Carma! She was excited to see me and I stopped to chat with her for a moment. I saw a few other Walmart employees who asked how things were going. DisneyKid was just leaving when I got there, he said he was sick and going home for the evening. It was good to see him for a moment though. Double E was working so I sat and chatted with her for about an hour. I love that she's a soul friend. I miss working with the kids down there but I don't miss the CU.

My gloomy day turned out to be a pretty good day, thanks to good friends and the tender mercies of Heaven! Now I just need to get my homework done and I'll be set! No problem :-)

Oh, Bones and Grey's Anatomy are on tonight too! So fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment