11 November 2009

Empath = An Understanding Heart

It's a slanted perspective to see the extraordinary through ordinary eyes.
Fear is easier than understanding.

So how do you deal with it?

By not having to deal with it. I simply surrounded myself with people who by definition are like me. It's a whole lot easier for someone like you to understand you.

~ Heroes

I like to be with a variety of people. I learn more from diversity in my acquaintances. Yeah, sometimes it hurts when they don't understand me or I don't understand them, but I'm willing to risk it for the experience and deeper growth.

I've never been one to take the easy way out (though it may seem that way to some). I don't give up, especially on other people. Even the ones that everyone says I should give up on, even the ones who seem like they will never live up to their potential...even the ones who hurt me...I pray for them and I never give up hoping I will one day see the fulfillment of their potential. I believe in loving people for who they are and always encouraging them toward the best they can be.

We all need someone to understand us, to stand up for us, to stand with us against those who don't understand (or who are too narrow minded or immature to seek understanding). Generally, even when I don't exactly understand, I can at least have compassion and try to be what the person needs. At least let them know that someone loves them enough to stand by them, no matter what.

If I had a "Heroes power" it would be like Peter's. I would be an Empath. I am an empath without the supernatural stuff. I understand the heart of hearts and I can help to heal what is broken there...if nothing else, I can listen and I give awesome hugs!
;-)

I believe we all have some extraordinary in us. I think that some of us seek to cultivate it a little more than others do...and some would prefer to be ordinary but can't seem to escape the extraordinary. I like to think that I'm extraordinary, at least I have the makings of something special and I'm working hard to cultivate it.

"Fear is easier than understanding" is an interesting statement. Fear allows us to run away, to step out of difficult or uncomfortable or painful situations. I wonder, though, how many of those situations we run from would have led to something truly phenominal if only we had the courage to seek understanding instead of giving in to the fear.
There's nothing I can do to reclaim those blessings and opportunities that I ran from, but I am making a concerted effort to avoid fear and seek understanding when I am faced with the option from now on.

Any thoughts about any of this?

1 comment:

  1. love it. I think you are amazing and am glad that you use your powers for good. ;) Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete