10 November 2009

Get Involved

I forgot how much I love being involved in my ward and stake (and life in general). Last night Cress and I worked on the photo list for the bishop then I met up with The Artist and his friends in the ward. We had the most extensive and intricate thumb war I've ever been involved with, I think there were eight people all joined in a circle so we were warring with two thumbs at the same time. Strange but entertaining.

Then we went to Letherby's. The Artist had me ride with him, he said it's more fun when you don't drive alone. I can not even try to describe (especially now because my brain has already gone to bed) the fun I had with the eleven other people at the table. It reminded me of the old times; first with the girls from the fabric store, then the kids from the institute. We sang along to the jukebox when it played Beat It by Michael Jackson and Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (complete with headbanging). We talked about the most random things. We laughed until tears came from my eyes and my face and sides hurt.

After we paid, a few of us stayed to talk some more. Standing just outside the door, talking about Smurfs and fruit snacks, and other random things that encouraged more laughing. My filter is beginning to function again...I was clever but mostly appropriate
;-)

The Artist drove me back to the institute and we had a nice, long chat. He and I are really incredibly similar, personality and experience wise, so it's really great to talk with him. One of the most unique similarities is that we both prefer deep and meaningful conversation. We tend to get bored with shallow or seemingly meaningless or technical conversation. We prefer to converse about art and theory, emotions, relations, human nature, etc. So when we are together, we tend to lose track of time a bit. It's really great! I love it!
He's like the big brother I always hoped for but never had.

Tonight I went to stake choir practice downtown. I had a long and rather dreary day (though I did get a nice surprise when I picked up my car from the body shop...they had cleaned not only the outside so it sparkles, but they wiped down my dash and vaccumed my floors!) but as soon as I was with the other choir members my mood inflated and I smiled the whole time. It was fun and I was clever, yet again! Haha
I love singing. I love being around people. There's a girl that I met tonight that previously drove me crazy. I have watched her interact within the ward and stake and I will admit that my feelings were less than charitable toward her. Tonight I decided to not be annoyed and instead be kind and friendly. It was much more fun, imagine that!

Yeah, this social and friendly stuff is definitely the way to live. Life is good!

2 comments:

  1. wait wait wait... Big Brother?? I don't know that I like the sound of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he's my one and only best guy friend without complication...we have been close friends for years and neither of us has ever thought of the other as anything more than friends...we had that conversation when his psycho ex-girlfriend told him I had confronted her and told her to back off because he was mine. HAHAHA! I love him to pieces but seriously, he's my big brother and that's how I like it.

    ReplyDelete