13 December 2009

Do not despair, your star is still there

I LOVE singing! As I mentioned before, I joined the ward choir a couple months ago and I am so blissfully happy I did. There's nothing I love more at Christmas time than singing in a choir with a good choir director. The songs he chose are beautiful, and profound.

The title of this post is a line from one of the songs we're singing for the Christmas program next Sunday. It's a song about a shepherd boy who heard the angels sing and followed the star to the Christ Child. The line preceding talks about how life goes on, years beyond the profound experience, and you start to lose your way a little. But there's a voice that calls to you, "Do not despair, your star is still there" to remind you that the Christ is ever living, ever able to save. You are not lost in the darkness of night because the Star shines, pointing the way back to safety and peace.

The other songs are equally as uplifting and affective. The choir director makes me smile. He has such energy and enthusiasm, he's quirky and has the most engaging smile. Pure delight to watch him dance around and get so caught up in the music. I can't keep myself from smiling. I can't keep my eyes away from him. I hope he doesn't think I'm creepy for watching him (oh wait, he's the director, they like it when you watch them. haha!) He's intriguing and I'd very much like to be friends with him... ;-)

There's a stake Christmas fireside tonight. Each of the ward choirs in the stake are performing their best song in a competition. I don't care too much about winning (though our song is the best and we're not too shabby), I just LOVE that I get to sing! It makes me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment