15 December 2009

Speed Dating, No Thank You!

Shygirl and The Artist wanted to go so I went. I'm trying to be more involved and it wasn't horrible, but it was not my idea of a great way to meet people.

They had us lined up at a table, boys on one side, girls on the other. The boys rotated every two minutes. So we had two minutes to chat, introduce ourselves, etc. The problem was that we were squished together and everyone was talking at the same time. We ended up having to shout in order to hear each other. NOT effective communication. Then there's the part about having to repeat the same facts about yourself over and over to ten different guys every two minutes. I got a little bored. NO interest in any of the guys I met either. I just wasn't impressed. But then, they didn't take any interest in me either. But you know, I'm not heartbroken over it. The Artist and some other friends from the ward went to Applebee's after and then to a friend's house to play Atari. Now those were fun times!

It was an interesting experience but I think I'll stick to the normal ways of meeting people and dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment