08 December 2009

No man defines who you are

I love hugs and kisses (I mean the real thing, not the Hershey kind) more than anything else, ever.

I love books. I buy books even if I don't have time to read them just because I love books.
I especially love hardback books with beautiful covers and clean old-looking paper. And I especially love poetry books, and children's books with beautiful illustrations.

I love music and art.
I love singing.
I love drawing and coloring.

I love movies and TV shows. I love watching the interactions between the characters. I love seeing the personalities. I love the writing, the dialgue, the story plots and twists. I love seeing how other people see the world and how they expose their ideals in artistic ways.

I love lilacs and sterling roses. I prefer one rose to a dozen.

I believe in the worth of souls. I believe than people are generally good and that everyone has something worthwhile inside of them. I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt and in looking for the good in those I meet. I love to discover their story and what makes them unique. I believe anyone can be great if given the right support and encouragement and opportunity.


I love to write. I love the letters, the words, the sentences. I love creating something that others can gain something from.

I love teddy bears, monkeys and stuffed frogs.

I love letters, notes and cards. I have four shoeboxes full of notes and letters and cards (even post-its or scrap paper messages) that I've been given over the course of my lifetime.

I love peeling oranges. I take my time removing all the veins so I don't break the skin. It sometimes takes me 45 minutes to peel an orange.

I love folding paper. I love making paper cranes because my 4th grade teacher taught us how as we read Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes. I love the idea of getting a wish if you fold 1000...still working on mine.

I love music boxes, wooden or snowglobes. I love wooden boxes (with beautiful carvings) and I love snowglobes (particulary with the Kim Anderson figurines).

I love chocolate. Milk or dark, no white. No nuts...I hate nuts. NOT Nestle brand.

I love friends. I love listening to friends. I love being the reliable one that friends turn to when they need someone. I love having fun with friends. I love talking with friends. I love sharing life with friends. My heart always has room for a new friend...

I love cranberries and cranberry juice (but only the Albertsons brand juice).

I love games: board games and card games or getting-to-know-you games.

I see the world a little differently than most. I believe that people are the most important. I believe in loving everyone. There is always a place in my heart for each person whose path crosses mine. Jesus said love everyone and that is what I try to do. We are all a part of the same eternal family and as such I don't believe in throwing people away. My heart is big enough for everyone to have a place. My only request is that you treat my heart with care. It's been broken before and it'll be broken again, I understand that's part of life. But try to be careful and sensitive when dealing with my heart, as I try to do with yours.

I'm a little dark and twisty, a little broken and damaged. But I know my defects and I can handle them. I have weakness too, just like everyone else. I'm sorry if my weakness or darkness has hurt you in any way. It was entirely unintentional. I would never hurt someone on purpose. I just want to love and lift and heal.

I'm moving forward. I have a path to tread and no one is going to hold me back. I make my own decisions and choose my actions despite what others say or do to harm me or impede my progress. My heart is open and I am doing all I can to be who I want to be. One of these days I am going to do something to leave an impression for good on this world. I don't know what yet and I don't know how, but I intend to be one of the noble ones who would not give in or give up. I intend to leave this world better than it was when I got here. I am not a quitter. I am not a loser. I am a fighter. I will succeed.

1 comment:

  1. i love this post. I love hearing all the little things you love and the post where you wrote what you are thankful for. All these "little" things make up who you are, but are not what you are. And you have left an impression on me, you are such a wonderful friend. I am lucky to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete